Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mexico cruising

It's been about 8 days since I last updated my blogg zone, but a lot of good times have been going on for sure and below are some photos of some epic moments captured.  My good friend from Kauai, Hawaii Jeff Hubbard won the Zicatela TURBO pro making it back to back wins in Puerto Escondido.  He was ripping the whole event and I'm stoked that he won again.  To me, one of the most epic heats I ever witnessed was Jerry vs PLC.  They went back and forth taking the lead, but in the end PLC came on top with a great wave in the last couple minutes or so.  After the comp, we surfed and we got some good waves.  Then we went out to celebrate HUBBs win.  It was good times.  My friend Molly flew over from Mexico city to surf and cruise the beach and see Puerto Escondido.  We had a good time.  We surfed a lot, paddled in a lagoon zone trying to find crocodiles(which we never did, haha), ate some good food, saw some insane beaches, and enjoyed laughs and smiles.  I'll be here till the 12th somehow and most of my days consist of waking up at 645am, eating breakfast, boogie boarding(either punta colorado or Zicatela), eat lunch, surf again in the evening, cook dinner, and then sleep.  I've been cooking my lunches and dinners so that I can save some money for Puerto Rico.  It's just Keahi aka pslandersent Parker and I.  Everyone is almost gone and we are just surfing and cruising allkines.  The forecast doesn't look too good, but we are trying to get some footage for some podcasts maybe in the future.  This trip has been amazing.  Good friends, good vibes, and good times.  What more can you ask for?  Life is good :)  Enjoy!  
TURBO zones doing work
Zicatela
Half hagastand.  
Jeff and Dave HUBB.  2 of the best bodyboarders in the world
Pristine beach about an hour and a half down south
The crew with Mago.  Mago is a legend here in Puerto Escondido.  Always taking care of the crew.  Driving all over,  bringing us empanads, and epic BBQs.  So good.
Another Pristine zone 
Hawaiian Pizza zone
Beautiful
Hags in kayak with shirt on head cause going get sunburnt.  No crocodiles in this zone.

Molly enjoying the view from the Kayak.
This is a shot from the plane(molly sent this to me, she left already).  This is the lagoon we were kayaking in.  So big.

Molly cruising after busting allkine 360s in our kayak.
Lagoon zone.
G-string Gopro mount with Jorge Colomer
Mark Mcarthy cooking some fresh Mahi mahi for the boys.  He caught it that morning.  Such a good feed.
Another pristine sunset
Views from the colectivo(public transportation)
Apparently this is how Molly looks when she gets eaten by a shark zone
Good times, friends, good vibes, life is good!
Hags on a pokey stick
Molly dropping in and showing um how for reeeep um
Molly and I
Top chef with hags
Dinner

2 comments:

  1. Very cool man such a humble guy and great bodyboarder. So nice to see some of these pictures from behind the scenes of you all the guys chilling. You have a new supporter Mr Romero. All the best and looking forward to more updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ross-Roca. Thank you for your comment and support. I'm glad you enjoy the photos and blogg posts on my site. Mahalo and aloha. enjoy :)

      Delete