Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween in VB and Puerto Rico

        Aloha everyone!  So as you know I'm now in Puerto Rico and I'm loving it here.  Before I left to Puerto Rico, I spent Halloween at my brothers place in Virginia Beach.  I had to change my flight due to hurricane Sandy, but I'm glad it pushed my flights back because I had a great time on Halloween with my family.  Josh cooked us some good food, the girls went trick or treating, and Viso, Josh, and I passed out candy to the trick or treaters.  It was good times :)
       The next day I left for Puerto Rico.  It was a quick 7 hour trip.  My good friend Jorge Colomer picked me up and we headed straight to the zone we are staying in located in Rincon.  It's Jorge's place and I couldn't be more stoked to stay with him.  He's a really nice guy and rips.  Keahi(he changed his flight and left already) was staying with us as well.  
      The trials of the Encanto Pro was awesome.  The Hawaiians were ripping as well as the locals, but my good friend from South Africa stole the show and won the trials.  I ended up getting 5th and qualifying for the main GSS event.  It's not the result I was looking for because I needed to make the finals to be in the running to qualify for the GSS next year.  I just gatta geeeev um in Canaries.  
      My brother came the next day after the trials and is stoked to be here.  He was also stoked to watch me live for the first time in years.  I ended up getting 2nd in my first heat and moved straight to round 3.  So stoked, but there is a long way to go and i'm feeling good.  I feel like i'm surfing great.  My boards are working insane.
     Below are some photos of some epic moments.  Check it out and also check out http://ibaworldtour.com/live/ when the competition runs again.  aloha and mahalo for the support everyone!  Life is good!

My brother cooking for everyone.  He cooks a good feed.
Family on Halloween night.
My niece off to school.  I love her.  It was cold this day
Morning run in the zonesy zone
My niece and I carved some pumpkins


CANDYYYY!!!!
A fine K-9.  Jorges sisters dog in Puerto Rico
First night here and Puerto Rico blessed my with an epic sunset
Puerto Rico is going green
Hermit zones in the zone
Ate some Thai food one night.  My favorite
Epic sunrise
coco frios

Allkine welcomes to the zone
Invert in my first heat of the trials.  Shot by the winner himself.  Sacha Specker
Josh and his big lunch zone




Boom Kananz in PR

No comments:

Post a Comment