Sunday, March 18, 2012

Maui times

The last couple of days have been amazing on Maui other than the waves being flat, but it's all good.  I've been enjoying Maui home zones with my girlfriend, family, and friends.  Yesterday, Robin and I went on a hike to the cross on the West Maui Mountains.  It was a nice hike and a great workout since it's almost all up hill.  The view was amazing once we got up there.  After our hike we took Kolohe to the beach.  It was his first time at the beach in a looooooonggggg time.  Let's just say he was being a rascal and we had to cut our beach day short and I ended up not catching anything on my fishing pole, but it was still a nice beautiful sunny day.  After the beach we had some friends over for St. Patricks Day.  We BBQed some steaks and had a great time.  This morning(Sunday March 18) the 3 Guerrero ladies and I went up to Haleakala to watch the sunrise.  It was really clear, but super cold.  It was very windy which made it even colder.  It was so cold that we left right before the sun came out.  haha, but it was still a great time.  After the sunrise, my pops, mom, Robin, and I went to eat the most amazing buffet brunch I have ever eaten at the Makena Beach Resort Maui.  My favorite was the Creme Brulee desert which I ate about 4 bowls :)  I love Maui!  aloha
Hiking to the cross zones
It looks bigger when you are looking at it from Wailuku
Robin maneuvering uphill zones 
Beautiful Iao Valley
Pristine view
I love Maui
Beach day with Kolohe
Steaks on the grill.  Kolohe resting from a long day at the beach.
Haleakala sunrise.
Robin freeeeeeezzzzing
Check out the moon.  Top left.
The crowd
Creme Brulee anyone?
Robin and I :)
Hags, pop, mom, and Robin stuffed

3 comments:

  1. great landscapes! looks like the Azores Islands, where I live! greetings from Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah Maui is amazing. thanks for the support guys! aloha

    ReplyDelete