Friday, May 17, 2013

Arica, Chile

                So I've made it to Chile safely and have been here for about 5 days now.  After a looooooooonnnnggggg trip from California to Arica, I've been getting some good waves and enjoying my time with the Chilean locals.  I am staying with Rapo in his house with Oscar and Dave Hubbard.  It's an epic crew with good vibes and good times.  Rapo is a legend and rips in the water too.  His mom is a great cook as well.  After every surf session we come home around 2pm and we get spoiled with some of the best Chilean dishes I've ever eaten before.  The trials started today and will likely end on Sunday and the main event will run sometime next week with a good big swell on it's way.  Stay tuned at www.ibaworldtour.com  for all of the info on the comp.  Other than that, I've been having epic times and Life is good!!!!!  Enjoy all of the photos below.  aloha and mahalo
Reversing.  Frame:  The Invertt
On my way to Chile
Layover number 1.  Mexico City
Somewhere over South America
Layover number two.  Peru lima guy
Flying to Tacna, Peru
Driving through the Peruvian boarder

Straight off the plane and into some of these
Tako tuesdays with JUBB
Another Reverse guy.  Frame:  The Invertt 
Another Reverse guy.  Frame:  Oscar
Fancy running shoes

Pretty nice stray dogs


A rare site.  seeing the sunrise.
Dead seal with vultures eating
Chilean dancing at the press conference
A nice Chilean tube
Somehow.  No board sponsor, but I have mad support from my other sponsors.  For the love.
More tubes.  Frame:  Oscar
More tubes.  Frame:  Oscar
Chile takes care of the athletes
Rapos moms cooking
Another reverse guy.  Frame:  Riraw

No comments:

Post a Comment