Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Injured and still smiling.

So it's been awhile since I've updated my blogg zone, but everything has been going good besides one minor injury zone.  I left Maui on Sunday night to cruise with a bunch of my friends on Oahu and surf and practice at half point for the USBA contest(July 7-8) before going to Chicago.  On Monday morning I somehow fell straight to the concrete ground chin first and suffered a pretty big gash to my chin.  I would say it was one of the scariest moments in my life for sure.  I was pretty scared and bummed that I wouldn't be able to surf, but somehow my friend Alan cleaned it good and put some liquid bandage on it and it is healing nicely.  I was able to have a quick fun session at Half Point yesterday June 19.  I got some fun waves and it felt good to be in the water.  Mike Kini was on the beach shooting video and he hooked me up with some frame grabs.  I am in California at the moment on route to Chicago to watch my girlfriend graduate from bootcamp.  She joined the navy and I will finally get to see her after not seeing her for about 2 months.  I am excited and can't wait.  After that, my mom, dad, and Robins dad are taking a road trip from the Great Lakes to Colorado Springs.  It will be good times for sure and I am looking forward to it.  Here are a couple of photos from my injured chin and some framies of my session.  Mahalo everyone for the support!  aloha.  Life is Good!






No comments:

Post a Comment