Monday, June 2, 2014

Portland and The Big Island, Hawaii

               After my epic trip to Costa Rica with MannyVtours, I caught my flight back to Portland, Oregon to hang out with my beautiful girlfriend Celestial for the weekend.  It was an awesome short trip.  We did a lot and just enjoyed each others company in the city.   We watched the fireworks on the waterfront for the 100 year rose anniversary, went to the Zoo and saw shrimp stuff, cruised the city, went to Powel's books and bought some epic reads, and ate some good food.  I'm getting to love Portland and I always enjoy going back there.  It always nothing, but good times!  
               Right after Portland, I flew directly to The Big Island to watch my bro compete in his half Iron Man "honu" and also to enjoy the zones with my family and friends.  My brother Jonah used to compete professionally in Bodyboarding and now has taken up a whole different sport of being a triathlete and its really inspiring to see the journey he has been on to get to this point in his young triathlete career.  He ended up placing 19th in his division for his first ever half iron man.  I couldn't be a more stoked and proud older brother.  It was awesome to be on the other side and cheering him on.
              Below are some photos from Portland and the Big Island.  Enjoy!  Thanks again everyone for the support and love!  aloha!  Life is good :)
My gf Celestial and I love vans.
Gorgeous
Super excited to watch the fireworks at the waterfront
Happy :)
Fireworks at the waterfront
Some epic reads from Powels books
Morning run.  Portland city zone
Oregon zoo cruising
My beautiful dinner date at the old spaghetti factory
Portland smiles
Ugly underwater gopro selfie on Big Island
Jonah cruising underwater with rock
BI sunset
Jonah and my friend Kyle made this epic dinner
Lunch 
Morning practice swim at Hapuna
Playing tourist.  driving around zone.  here's Kyle and his girlfriend Cassie.
BI Booch in Hilo
Jonah, Kyle, and I under water
Jonahs  half Iron Man "honu" team.
Lifes a Beach for my nephew paxton
A beautiful sunrise for the start of the "honu"
Jonah coming in from his swim
Biking for 56 miles
Grandma and her grandkids swimming waiting for jonah to finish
I don't think Paxton likes coconut water
Jonah finishing
Super proud of my bro!  Family and friends all enjoying jonahs finish 
Minions
ZAU (that is how)
a nice fresh acai bowl before leaving the BI.
My awesome parents enjoying and relaxing on their vacation on the BI.  I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment