Sunday, June 8, 2014

IBA Hawaii stop #2 Shipwrecks, Kauai

         This past weekend was the http://www.ibahawaiitour.com stop #2 at Shipwrecks Beach in Kauai and it was such a sick event.  I love Kauai and I have so much good times hanging out with my friends(Boogie Nation crew) from there all the time.  
          I ended up leaving Maui on Tuesday so that I could surf and enjoy the Kauai zones with friends. The waves were super fun and we got some waves everyday.  Unfortunately, the waves weren't as good for the contest, but they were still rippable and fun.  
          Friday and Saturday were the days the Jr Pro, DK pro, Womens Pro, and Open mens pro were held.  The conditions were side off shore and about 1-2ft with an occasional 3 footer that would come in.  I competed in Open Mens and the DK Pro.  It was my first time entering a DK professional division here in Hawaii somehow.  Most people don't know, but I used to DK more than I proned when I first started Bodyboarding.  I love to DK for sure.  I ended up getting 4th in the Dropknee Pro division and winning the Open Mens division.  So stoked!  Thank you to all of you for the support!  Also, the the staff and judges who put together the event and to all of the other finalists.  Always good times!  To my sponsors as well:  No.6 Bodyboards, The Foam Company, Da Secret Sauce, Reeflex Wetsuits, and SURGE wax.  Last but not least, to my good friend Dphils and Tania for the hospitality and to Zulu and Zizi!  Mahalo!  Life is good!
An empty at a zone 
Timmy Hamilton staying hydrated and running with coconut under water
Den I went try um myself.  Brah if i was thirsty i just went drink um den keep running for like 11 miles under water.  minahs!
Nice ah da school of aholehole
awwww da cute
Timmy Hamiltons baby boy Thomas cruising on one monkey
Awwwww da cute uncle bondy with Thomas
Beard and Thomas
Bondy wit bag at farmers market 
Dphils and Tanias chickens mek allkines eggs.  Megatron soure um all
Dphils and Bondy trying for shoot in da basket.  he shetty
Zulu and Zizi cruising
My boy Jay and his friend Desi came down to support me in my DK division.  Such epic support!  
Simple beautiful
Saying our goodbyes to Jay and Desi.  Theses guys just came for the day to support .  couldn't be more thankful.  Such legends.
Hammah aka Micah Mcmullin taking out the DK division
Open mens finalists somehow

No comments:

Post a Comment