Thursday, May 8, 2014

Family is everything!

               After my "Dream Trip" to Indonesia with the Hubbards, Ray Collins, and Matt Tanaka.  I came straight home.  During the end of my Indonesia trip, I got a text from my mom saying my grandpa passed away.  It was really hard on me, but I know that he was at peace now and is in heaven resting.  It was always hard for me to visit him in the hospital while I was home.  He was in the hospital for about 3 months and he finally got to go home, but passed away 2 nights later.  My grandpa was one of the strongest people I know and always was happy, smiling, and would tell us to love one another and don't fight.  Even though he may not be with us physically, I know he's with me and with my family where ever we are in this world watching over us and sending his love.  #foryougramps
                During my 2 weeks of being home I spent a lot of time with my family.  My family means everything to me!  It was awesome having my aunty and uncles and cousins home from the mainland and the outer islands.  Our papa was a loving man and it felt good to have everyone back and sharing the love as a family.  That's exactly how our papa would've wanted it.  Was to have the whole family having fun and celebrating life and loving one another.  We did everything from hiking, BBQing, eating, swimming, wave storming, and enjoying zones.  
               I'm now in Portland, Oregon hanging out with my beautiful girlfriend.  Then I'm off to Costa Rica with Manny Vargas and the crew.  I'm looking forward to some epic times!!!!!!  Stay tuned for updates.  Be thankful everyday you wake up and you're alive.  Life is a beautiful thing and enjoy every moment you have.  Stop worrying about what you don't have and appreciate what you do have because one day it may all be gone.  Mahalo everyone!
Beard at fancy zone with friends
I love this little man.  My nephew Paxton!
Hiking Waihee Ridge with the Heyds, Fuller, and Kones
Some stoked friends with the JROM
BBQ master Shrimp
OOOOO da pretty 
My nephew doing his "musculos" and my niece cruising
I love her.  My niece Alyza and uncle Jonah.  She is getting ready for her first triathlon
Swim zone 
Biking with uncle Jonah
Running with her dad
Strong family genes.  My sister in-law Mary and older brother Josh both placed in the top 5 in their divisions, while their daughter Alyza did an amazing job in her first triathlon.
Proud uncle 
I surprised my pops for his "0" birthday :)  Happy bday pops!
Blessed everyday!
Rain or shine I da BBQ mastah!
Wavestorm guy with my uncle
My uncle "the legend" trying to stand up.  :)
Idica cousins.  
Choice
More of my Idica ohana
The sunrise before my papas funeral
Another shot minutes later
An old photo of my papa and grandma and their kids(my aunties and uncles and mom).  My mom is on the far right.
Family
The sisters.
We love you papa!
My beautiful family from all zones
One last family group photo.  This was after my papas funeral and it was one of the best times I've ever had with my family.  We all cruised at the beach and had an intense, but super fun beach volley ball game.



No comments:

Post a Comment