Saturday, December 14, 2013

New York Layover

             Sometimes when you travel you have to endure long layovers.  Being that I fly standby on Hawaiian Airlines, I know that I may be laying over in a zone for awhile.  on my way back from the Canary Islands, I flew to JFK on a Monday(New York airport zone) expecting there will be a flight the next day(Tuesday).  I found out that there where no flights back to Honolulu on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the flight on Wednesday was overbooked.  I knew that this could happen and I just cruised and stayed positive.  It is what it is and I've been blessed with such epic friends all over the world.  My friend TJ Lyons who lives in Long Beach, New York never hesitated and picked me up Tuesday morning.  The flights was wide open on Friday and I got on easily.  Even though I missed those 3 or 4 days of cruising home zones, I enjoyed cruising the cold zones of New York.  A BIG Mahalo goes out to TJ and his family!  I got to cruise in some snow with shrimp, enjoyed some amazing sunrises and sunsets, caught the train to the city, and cruised with some good friends.  I had some good times for sure.  Life sometimes hands you situations where you can be negative about or positive.  I choose to live a positive life and view all of the positives even in negative situations.  There's always something to be happy and thankful for.  I am now back at home and will be here for the whole winter season.  I'm looking forward to some family and friend times, waves, good food, and just enjoying the island life.....the simple life!  Have a Merry Christmas everyone!  Be thankful everyday!  Life is good :)
Shetty coffee in JFK airport but good
The beach with snow right outside of TJ's house.
A white long beach zone
Snow shrimp on beach
TJ and I letting our beards cruise in the snow
The new Long Island board walk after hurricane Sandy
A happy cold Hawaiian with his snow guy
The next morning 
TJ's front yard
Beautiful sunset on the boardwalk solo
Love life
Catching the LIRR to the city
Times square zone in negative degree weather
One last sunrise

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm prima. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger

    too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Prima

    ReplyDelete