Monday, December 9, 2013

Canary Islands update #4. Muchos Gracias! Aloha!

         It's really easy to be negative and upset when you don't score any waves on a surf trip, but it's also easy to stay happy and enjoy your trip if you look at all of the positives.  During these 3 weeks I've been in the Canary Islands, I've surfed average waves and most of the days were a cute 2-3ft.  I've been here 4 times now and this has have to be one of the smallest I've seen the Canary Islands.  With that said, it's been one of my best trips hanging out with the locals here enjoying their food, culture, language, and also enjoying laughs and smiles.  It's all about the memories shared with good friends and good people and I've had the opportunity to share some amazing times here even without good waves.  I've made new friends and got to cruise with some old friends.  They are all a bunch of legends and the people here are really friendly and nice.
       The Fronton King was actually the best waves I've got to ride my whole trip.  It was also one of the best and organized contests I've competed in.  The webcast was great with good quality streaming, the competitors were given snacks everyday, and the structure was awesome for both the competitors and spectators.  Danny and the whole crew did an amazing job and I was really stoked to be apart of such an epic event!  It was awesome to see some of my good friends from the Canary Islands rip it up in the finals.  Miguel Macias ended up winning the contest.  Before the event ran, I knew he was the guy to beat out there.  So it's cool that he won!  Also, Kevin placed 2nd, Pedro 3rd, and Lewy 4th.  Both Kevin and Pedro are my good friends and are from here.
        I had an amazing time on this trip.  Probably my most special and best trip i've had to the Canary Islands.  A BIG Mahalo to Ale Barbosa!  He's the biggest legend and has so much aloha.  I wish there were more people like him.  Always smiling, happy, and having a good time and takes care of everyone.  Also, to my roommates Sacha, Ayesha, and Sam muchos gracias for the good times!  All of the locals I've met and cruise with here are amazing people as well.  Javier, Miguel, Pedro, Nico, the Mojo crew, the groms, Cobo, Diego, I can go on and on, everyone treated me like family and I couldn't be more thankful for their hospitality and everything.
       I'm here in NY again JFK zone on a huge layover.  Almost 3 or 4 nights somehow, but it's all good cause life is beautiful!  Ive been blessed with an amazing family and friends.  Waking up each day and being alive is the best feeling in the world!  Enjoy your life, make memories, cherish every moment, and give thanks to the lord!  Wake up each day and smile :) Your day will be a lot better!  Thank you everyone for the support!  Life is good!
Commentating in zone
Epic fans
All smiles with cute shaka
For the followerssssss
A beautiful trophy I won for having best sportsmanship
My inverse in round 2
Flip guy.  Photo:  Cayetano
Cute colorful town.
Driving in the mountains
Buggah stay clearing up for shrimp flaps

This place is amazing!
Pedro cruising
Shaka lidat
Shrimp cave lidat
God is good!
Eating lunch under some caves with the boys
drink um das good
amazing
Getting barreled
Honey rum shots lidat
Such a beautiful zone
:D
<3
epic conditions for the fronton king
choke crowd
choke banans no more shrimp :(
An epic sunset to end the day
See
Ale's tortilla so good
cute
Cute shrimp
Ale Barbosa and I.  The biggest legend you'll meet
An amazing last sunrise this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment