Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Oahu

         So this past weekend my girlfriend Celestial and her younger brother Cordon went to Oahu for the USBA Sandy Beach Pro.  My parents, niece Alyza, and cousin Keoni came as well during the weekend.  This contest was the worse loss I ever had.  I had a total of 4 points in my heat.  It's not that I didn't perform on the waves and not land my moves, I never had any opportunity to perform.  Our heat went flat and the waves that I did catch were 1 footers and close outs.  It was a very hard loss to swallow.  Luckily I had my amazing girlfriend and family there to support me.  I can't win them all and wasn't lucky this time.  In our sport we are not only competing against our competitors, but time and mother nature are huge factors on winning heats.  This is a saying I always keep in my mind "It's not how hard you can hit, it's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.  It's how much you can take and keep moving forward.  That's how winning is done."  With that said, life is beautiful and I had such an amazing time with my family and girlfriend.
         We did so much stuff.  It was like a mini vacation.  We watched fourth of July on the mountain zone, went to the North Shore, ate Matsumoto shave ice, hiked Koko Head, Ice skated, boogied Half Point, and tandem Bodyboarded.  It was good times for sure.  I would like to thank the Lamphere ohana once again for all the love.  They are like second family to me.  Also, to my mom, pops, Alyza, and family for always supporting me no matter what.  Love you guys!  To Cordon Stapp, thanks for the good times.  You were ripping for your first USBA and outer island contest.  I'm proud of you.  And to my beautiful Celeste!  You're amazing inside and out and I love you so much!  Also, Thank you to all of you that support me!  I am grateful and words can't express how thankful I am!  Last, but not least, my sponsors, No. 6 BodyboardsThe Foam CompanyInvicta ApparelDa Secret SauceReeflex USA, and SURGE Wax.  Mahalo!
My beautiful girlfriend Celeste and I going to watch the Fireworks
:D
Happy 4th of July
The whole gang cruising ontop da mountain
Boom Kananz
North Shore zones
Gorgeous
Shaka 

I getchu
Celeste and Cordon cruising Turtle Bay resort guy
Secret cave for Cordon to hide
Celeste taking our Fiat rental car for a drive 
Matsumoto shave guy
Aww da cute da Haleiwa sign.
I love her
Alamoana was cruising pristinely one night
Sahhhhhhh
Pink zones
Cordon and Celeste getting all zen kine
I let him cut me off
East side zones

The family eating on the ground in one random parking lot on the east side.  
JROM No.6 boards are insane
Ice skating
Fancy dessert in secret zone 
We hiked Koko Head in rubbah slippahs.  The three ladies geeeeeeving um
Pops taking one break
My niece Alyza at 5 years old did it all by her self
See we made um 
See da beautiful da view 
See Cordon cruise
My mom, pops, and niece Alyza!  I love these zones for sure
Brother sister love
Invicta guys with nice shaka
<3


My niece and I tandem BBing
Celeste and I tandeming
Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment