Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Family times before heading to Oahu

                  A lot has been going on here at my home zones on Maui.  My older brother Joshua and his family moved back home from Virginia Beach, my younger brother Jonah participated and competed in the Cycle to the Sun which is biking from Paia town all the way to the summit of Haleakala, I've been enjoying shooting some gopro zones, digging holes, pulling into shore breaks at big beach, spending time with my amazing girlfriend, and soaking up the Maui vibes before heading to Oahu for the Sandys USBA competition which starts this weekend.  I am really amped and excited to get to Oahu.  Celeste and her younger brother Cordon will be traveling with me so it will be good times for sure.  
                Jonahs Cycle to the Sun was really inspiring to watch.  It felt amazing and I was super proud cheering my brother on.  It's awesome to be on the other end and supporting him because he's always been such a big support to me in my Bodyboarding career since day one.  I was so inspired and always been inspired by him because his work ethic and training mode is insane.  And to bike up to the summit of Haleakala is animal.  Only a certain few can say they did that and Jonah has done it twice.  He ended up finishing 4th in his division and finishing 104th (I think) out of 180 bikers.  Congratulations bro!!!!!!  
               It's beautiful having my older brother Josh and his family back home.  I get to spend time with my nephew and niece and Josh and Mary.  It feels like old times when we all lived on Maui, but now our ohana is bigger.  From cruising at home with everyone to family dinners at night, it's one of the best feelings in the world to have everyone home.  Life is such a beautiful thing.  Go out and enjoy life because you only have one.  Create moments and cherish everyone because every moment is always different and you never know when that exact moment will happen again.  And remember to smile:) Aloha and mahalo everyone!  Enjoy the photos below.     
                  
Aloha attire at big beach.  Photo by:  Marcus Rodrigues.  Follow him on instagram @dmarxsmauitahiti
another cute barrel at big beach.  Frame:  Craden
Gopro guy
Cordon guy
Cordon guy
Enjoying the sunset with my beautiful girlfriend Celeste
See told you
Fancy shet
I getchu tandem styles with Celesyles
Rubbah slippahs minahs jack hammah allkine shet
Even my girlfriend is rugged
nice hole for tek shet
Enjoying another beautiful sunset with a nice cute beverage
see told you
More digging looking for shrimp
tek break shrimp style
Pops in the hole of the zonesy zones
so much sand.  no need go beach we get da beach in our garage
:D
The start of Jonahs cycle to the sun started off beautiful with a nice rainbow
If you know then you know the zone to get zone for zone.
Jonah is animal.  all smiles biking somewhere on Haleakala.
Climbing da mountain

Proud mom and family.  Jonah tekking one break
No.6 bodyboarder guy with my amazing girlfriend
even my car is climbing da mountain
My nephew Paxton cruising
My mom cheering Jonah on
My mom again cheering Jonah on.  Almost there!!!!!
Animal
1000 more feet to go
You da man Jones!  Family support is the best support system!  Jonah finishing his cycle to the sun in 4 hours and 59 mins.  Animal status
Alyza and aunty Cessy cruising the back yard zone
These two :)
Paxton is one happy baby
For sure <3
Alyza having fun at Mauis beaches for the first time in over 2 years. 
Shes so happy to be home.



No comments:

Post a Comment