Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Virginia Beach Somehow.

This past weekend Nic Drose and I drove to Virginia Beach from New Jersey. We were already in New Jersey and I was planning a road trip to Virginia Beach to visit my brother Josh, Mary, Alyza, Tasha, and Travis. My brother guys moved there about 4 or 5 months ago and Travis is stationed there in the Navy with his wife Natasha. The drive was about 7 hours and 30 mins each way. It was a long drive, but well worth it. We got to my brothers place at 3am Saturday morning. On Saturday we all ended up going to the Outer Banks for some fun boogie sessions, cruising, BBQing, and having good times. I was really amped to see some fun 2ft peaky waves. We had a great time bodyboarding, eating some grinds, having a couple of beers, and enjoying family time. The next day we ate some lunch at The Jewish Mother. My friend pro Bodyboarder Ricky Miller owns the place with his family and invited us to come over and try the food. The food was really good and it was cool to catch up with Ricky. If you live in the Virginia Beach area you should try out his restaurant for sure. So much good food for reasonable prices. After eating lunch we cruised the Virginia Beach boardwalk. It was cool to see and hang out for sure. Nic and I ended up leaving Sunday night around 8pm and got back to Newark, NJ around 4am Monday morning just in time to catch our flight back home to Maui. I wish I could've spent more time with my brother guys, but I know i'll be back soon for sure. I'm at home now and loving life. Life is good :) aloha

group photo at the Outer Banks.

Josh, Mary, Tasha, Travis, Alyza, me, and Nic at the Outer Banks.

Ricky Miller and I at his restaurant called "The Jewish Mother".

Josh, Ricky, and I somehow.

Group photo at lunch.

Josh and I on the boardwalk in front of the Poseidon statue.

Alyza and I with Poseidon somehow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    My name is Sarah and I'm with Dwellable. I was looking for blog posts about Virginia Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, drop me a line at Sarah(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete