Monday, August 18, 2014

Arica, Chile so far.

              So I've made it to Arica, Chile safely and been enjoying my time here.  I've been here for about 10 days now and there's been waves everyday expect today which was the smallest I've seen it for sure.  I decided to come to Chile a week early before the contest to warm up and practice because I wanted to get use to the cold water and the bigger waves.  During this time of year in Hawaii the waves aren't as big so I wanted to get comfortable in the big surf again.  
              I have been staying with my good friend Rapo in his home he shares with his amazing family and girlfriend Camila.  I am sharing a room with my other good Chilean friend Renato so it's been good times.  We've been eating some good food, surfing mostly everyday, cruising, we also competed in the local national tour they have here.  It's been awesome and life is good for sure!  Rapo and Camila have opened up a Sushi business called Aloha Sushi here in Arica, Chile.  If you're looking for some good fresh tasty sushi, call them up at 54519229-76716923 or 78582549 or go to their Facebook site at https://www.facebook.com/alohasushi.delivery and leave a message.
             The www.apbtour.com Arica Chilean Challenge has started as well and they've ran till Round 4.  I ended up winning my first heat and jump straight into round 5.  The waves haven't been as big as last year, but I'm still stoked and you have to be able to compete in all kinds of conditions to be the best.    The contest is on stand by right now, but Tuesday-Sunday is looking promising for waves.  
            Mahalo to all of you for the support and epic vibes!!!  Super stoked and I couldn't be more thankful.  aloha and mahalo! 
Crossing the Chile border
Tubo zone in my heat.  Frame:  Sergio
Arica Chilean Challenge competitors
Alex, Diego, and guy
Flipping in my heat.  Frame:  Sergio
Free surf vert.  Photo:  Bodyboard Nation 
Cruising with pink.
First session.  El Rancio.  
Some curl time free surf.  PC:  Bodyboard Nation
More El Rancio cruising
Reverse free surf.  PC:  Sergio
Free surf verts.  PC:  Bodyboard Nation 
Free surf reverch.  PC:  Bodyboard Nation
Dead seal guy
Aloha Sushi Delivery
PC:  Bodyboard nation
Dog fight 
Dog cruise
Sunsets in Arica is rare somehow at this time of year 
Free surfing cute.  PC:  Sergio
Waiting for taxi.  
Fat goat 
selfie with braddah llama
Pslands and llamas 
Post heat with Jerry
Cruise with dog
Da boys
Beards on webcast

1 comment: